Covering an area of approximately 250 hectares (618 acres), Unity is a major regeneration and infrastructure project which will deliver a mixed-use development of regional importance.
Unity occupies a strategic location on the eastern section of the M18/M180 motorway corridor, bounded by the Stainforth and Keadby Canal to the north, by the settlement boundary of Stainforth to the west and by the settlement boundaries of Dunscroft and Hatfield to the south, all surrounding the former Hatfield Colliery site.
Outline planning permission has been secured for the Unity development, along with detailed planning for the new link road off Junction 5 of the M18. This new road “Unity Gate” will stretch from the M18 Junction 5 (where the M180 joins the M18 motorway) to the existing residential development in Stainforth, thereby improving access to the motorway network for the residents of local communities.
Our joint venture partner, Waystone, secured planning permission for the new link road in 2009 which will create a new 2.9km route between the M18 (Junction 5) to Waggons Way (next to the former Hatfield Colliery site) to the north and linking to Hatfield via Bootham Lane to the south.
With 60 hectares dedicated to commercial use, it is thought that over £900m will be injected into the local economy over the next 20 years. Upon completion, Unity will provide:
- over 3,000 new homes,
- 2 million sq ft of employment space,
- a new offline marina, school & transport hub
- over 80 hectares of open spaces.
Primary objectives of the project:
- Delivering 7,000 new jobs to the north of England.
- Creation of a new community for South Yorkshire, transforming some of the most challenged wards in Doncaster.
- To stimulate economic regeneration, promote social inclusion and the health and wellbeing of people living in the area by improving access to quality community and leisure spaces
Unity is a 50:50 joint venture partnership with Waystone a leading construction and development specialist who have been involved in the project for over 10 years and successfully secured planning permission in 2015.
For more information, please visit www.unity-yorkshire.com